The Poplar Bluff Municipal Library has a part-time position available. Part-time positions average 20 hours per week and require flexible schedules and include evening and weekend hours. High school diploma or equivalent GED certificate is required. Preference will be given to applicants with advanced Internet and mobile technology skills.
Resumes will be accepted until all positions are filled. Submit application and resume with references via email to email@example.com.
Checks in, shelves and reshelves library materials in the correct location and correct order
Education and Experience:
High School Graduate, G.E.D., or currently enrolled in high school or technical school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Empties book drops
- Checks in library materials on the library’s ILS
- Sorts and creates carts of materials for shelving
- Shelves library materials in correct location
- Completes all statistical/counting records required for tracking library materials
- Cleans or repackages materials as needed
- Constantly monitors displays and fills gaps
- Follows all library policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Basic keyboarding skills
Proficiency in basic computing skills
Excellent communication skills with customers
Ability to exhibit good judgment and establish effective working relationships with staff and colleagues within the library
Lift 30 pounds of books or other materials to place on counters or carts. Push carts weighing 200 lbs. Reach 84” to shelve materials or stoop to shelve materials at floor level.